There are too many things in my mind that I want to pen down but I know I can only put some of them in my coherent thoughts.
- We are living in a troubled world--full of tears, sadness and sufferings. Many of them I feel so disturbed that I can't even see or write about them.
- Everywhere we are witnessing conflicts or disputes that the human race or even the UN or other multilateral organisations don't seem able to find a solution.
- Humanities seem to have lost its values and we allow wars and killings on the basis of defending or protecting national interests of a particular state or regions as justifications for carrying our so called goals for achieving peace and security
- We are in a state of paralysis from getting rid of extremism's and intolerance though we have made voluminous pronouncements, statements and resolutions as well as international treaties and conventions.
- We are leaving genocides or dangerous signs of genocides unabated in many parts of the world for fear of interfering with sovereignty of nation states or intervention in its domestic affairs.
- Major powers have differing national interests in the contestation for influence in the geo-economic and geo-strategic spheres..
- We are are carrying out selective or discriminatory policies in performing our functions to sustain international order.
- I am lost for words and ideas why something is not done to bring about a better world for the future generation be it in economics, societal, security, political, environment and human rights for the cause of justice and humanities.
FBSHApost@27 September 2015