Monday, November 14, 2016

FBSHApost@1 November 2016: My Fifth Day in Oxford

This is my fifth day in Oxford. Weather starting to get cold and the day gets dark quickly. Everyday I have to walk to the bus stop to get to the Center and the same way to get back. It's quite an effort and change of lifestyle. In my room I sit quietly by myself. Reading and searching for materials to do my presentation on a date to be fixed by the Center. I am learning a lot. I only go out to go to the washroom or to pray at the mosque. Yesterday I attended a Seminar on "Attitude towards Immigration of Muslims in Europe" presented by Dr Asma Mustafa, a well known researcher and writer on the subject. This seminar was reserved for Fellows but other people can attend if invited by the Fellow. After the presentation there were Q & A. The views and comments were academic and scholastic. Attending this made me think whether I should pursue my academic interest. Wishful thinking at this age. Other than feeling tired with heavy reading, I feel relax and happy here.

FBSHApost@1 November 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment